|badgerbag (badgerbag) wrote,|
@ 2009-02-03 11:37 pm UTC
I kind of liked it anyway. Um. For the ideas.
(spoilers and snark ahead)
* tragic lesbians. tragic secret lifelong lesbians. Or, one of them anyway. I know... I'll make my tragic secret lifelong lesbian love my HOUSEMAID. Just to keep her near. But never tell her.
* magical negro from MARS
* asshole geniuses were correct after all. and are martyrs.
* neochristian hippie not correct and gets his wife took and his nose rubbed in it and humbly sees error of his ways and shuts up
* transhuman miracle drug which will make us all wise
* nanobot universe-spanning AI ecosystem which benevolently gives us protection from ourselves and then a pathway to the frontier
* a giant empty endless universe-problem-solving frontier with strong suggestions that migrants are smarter than everyone else and having endless room for expansion fixes any problems left over
How sarcastic is it? About as much as Twilight is. Just written from a different Id.
The empty-of-sentients frontier, well. I thought of Greg Egan books and how his endless frontier is fractal, in the spaces between everything else.